Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Well, I voted in the Primary

Funny, when I saw the number of candidates on the ballot for president on the Republican primary, I became amused. With this many choices I could cast a protest vote for just about anyone. Here's who was on the list:
  • Michele Bachmann
  • John Davis
  • Newt Gingrich
  • Jon Huntsman
  • Ron Paul
  • Charles "Buddy" Roemer
  • Mitt Romney
  • Rick Santorum 
But I decided I would be wasting my vote if I voted for any candidate other than Romney. So, I voted for "UNCOMMITTED."

As I have previously stated publicly, I will NOT vote for Romney for President. I still believe him to be a left-leaning, pretend conservative who wants nothing but the Power of the Presidency and believes he is 'entitled' to that position. Bah!

I recently received a phone call with a survey about the primary. I answered the questions to the best of my ability and, once the interview was over, I was asked if I was a Republican, Democrat, or Independent. I thought about it for a moment and said, "Independent." Then, asked if I was Liberal, Conservative, or Moderate, I unhesitatingly said, "Very Conservative." 

I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks that, if Obama loses the election, the politics of the White House will not change much with Romney. I only hope that I am very, very wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment